AdMob: RIM, Droid Show Gains on Network

The October AdMob metrics report is out (based on behavior and traffic on its network, rather than the mobile Internet as a whole). Here are some highlights:

  • Worldwide requests from RIM devices increased 44% over the last six months in the AdMob network . . . The recently launched RIM devices that are gaining traction are the Tour and new versions of the Curve (8900 and 8520).  
  • Worldwide requests from Android devices increased 5.8 times since April 2009 in the AdMob network . . . In the US, the Motorola Droid launched on November 6 with a big marketing push from Verizon and two weeks after launch it already represented 24% of all Android requests in AdMob's network worldwide. The Motorola CLIQ has also seen fast pickup since its launch at T-Mobile in the US and generated 6% of Android traffic worldwide on November 18th.
  • In October 2009, 70 percent of iPhone OS requests came from the iPhone while the remaining 30 percent came from the iPod touch.
  • The top Symbian and Windows Mobile devices have not changed in 2009 and both platforms have lost smartphone share. One of Nokia's first touchscreen models, the 5800 XpressMusic, is the one of the few newcomers to the list of Top 20 Symbian devices in 2009.

(emphasis added)

Here are some charts from the report:

Picture 68